The Seminary's Certificate Program is designed for persons who wish to pursue intense but short-term study in one of seven concentrations:
- Anglican Studies
- Ascetical Theology
- Biblical Studies
- Congregational Development
- Historical and Theological Studies
- Spiritual Direction, and
- Spiritual Guidance of Children.
The program is part-time, non-residential and designed for students seeking to learn in a specific field. All 18 credits must be completed at General. Certificates are awarded at the Commencement that follows completion of the final course.
Courses completed for a certificate may be applied to an M.A. or M.Div. degree, should an individual wish to continue at General or another institution. Applicants must:
- have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent
- complete a Certificate Program Application
- submit transcripts of all academic work after high school
- provide two references, and
- have an interview with a faculty member in the student's area of concentration.
Students enrolled in Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School (CRCDS) in Rochester, N.Y., are eligible to enroll in General's Certificate in Anglican Studies program as part of their M.Div. program at CRCDS. This arrangement is supported by a collaborative agreement among CRCDS, General, and the Episcopal Diocese of Rochester.
To learn more about the program, contact the Director of Admissions, Billy Webster, via e-mail or phone, (212) 243-5150, ext. 280 or (888) 487-5649, ext. 280.
To access the application, click here.