Call for Nominations:2012 Distinguished Alumni/ae Award
The GTS Alumni/ae Executive Committee is pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2012 Distinguished Alumni/ae Award. This annual award is for Seminary degree-holders worthy of special recognition. The award presentation will be Thursday November 15, 2012 during the Alumni/ae Dinner.
Recipients of the award shall be graduates of the Seminary in the priestly or lay orders.
Note those ineligible for consideration are:
- Bishops (who are by policy awarded GTS honorary doctorates); and
- Sitting Trustees, or members of the staff or faculty.
Candidates may be put forth on the basis of lifetime achievement, or to honor an extraordinary accomplishment. Nominees shall have proclaimed the love of Christ in word and deed with distinction, and in a manner bringing credit upon the church and General Seminary. Nominees may be well-known, but care should be given to identify inspiring yet unheralded ministries.
Nominations may be made by:
- Sending a written statement, in care of Jonathan Silver, to the GTS Alumni/ae Office, 440 W 21st Street, New York, NY 10011, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Those submitting nominations must identify themselves by name and GTS class year and provide a daytime phone number and/or e-mail address. Candidate statements of support should not exceed 150 words, and include the following information:
- Nominee’s Name
- Class Year
- Contact information (address/email/phone)
- What is your Relationship to Nominee?
- Why are you recommending this person? What are their significant accomplishments? (eg. Awards, honors, publications, community contributions and/or service – please include dates if possible).
- How have these accomplishments made a difference?
Nominations must be received by April 30th, 2012. The award will be decided by the Alumni/ae Executive Committee at its spring meeting.
The Seminary has created this award in the hope that it will serve to promote the worth of education and formation at GTS as exampled in the lives and service of outstanding graduates. Thank you for your thoughtful participation in the 2012 nomination process!