Amy Lamborn Chosen for Prestigious Wabash Center Workshop

Prof. Amy Lamborn
Prof. Amy Lamborn

Amy Bentley Lamborn, GTS' new professor of pastoral theology, has been invited to join the 2012-13 Teaching and Learning Workshop for Pre-Tenure Theological School Faculty, offered by the Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion.

"I am deeply honored that I have been chosen," said Lamborn.  "My goal is to establish a foundation that will sustain me through decades of theological teaching and scholarly activity.  I also look forward to building new relationships with colleagues from other theological fields and schools."

The workshop will gather a small group of excellent young faculty in various theological disciplines three times in 2012-13 to explore the following:

• Strategies for effective teaching
  • Course design, assignments, and assessment
  • Teaching in one's institutional context
  • Dealing with religious, social, ethnic, racial, and learning diversities in the classroom
  • Balancing the competing demands of teaching, scholarship, service, and personal life
  • Issues of tenure preparation.

To this end, the workshop will balance plenary sessions with small group discussions and workshop sessions, structured and unstructured social time, and time for relaxation, exercise, meditation, restoration, and lots of good food and drink.

Funded by a grant from the Lilly Foundation, the Wabash Center supports teachers of religion and theology in higher education through meetings and workshops, grants, consultants, a journal, and other resources.