Announcing the May 2012 Scholarship Challenge!

Challenge-Grid-lines
Challenge-Grid-lines

Help boost our scholarship funding! Our Trustees will donate $80,000 if we can raise $100,000 during May 2012! The number of applicants at GTS is steadily rising. Many are truly excellent candidates who while not wealthy, may not qualify for significant aid.  We want to be sure we attract the most talented seminarians regardless of their resources. Members of our Alumni Executive Committee have already stepped up with their own gifts to get those May scholarship contributions to the $100,000 amount. Please join them and support General’s commitment to making preparation for ministry an attractive option for superb students. Let’s make sure those leaders are chosen on their merits and desire to reinvigorate our Church.

Help ensure we attract the finest minds to be healers and reconcilers in our world, and make your gift by May 31!

Click to Donate

Please go to giving.gts.edu and click on the “Donate Now” button to go to our secure online order page. When you make your gift, use the ‘Program Designation’ drop-down menu and choose “Scholarship”

Thank you!

Read what current students say about GTS scholarships

Arlette Benoit_challenge
Arlette Benoit_challenge

“Prior to coming to General Seminary I had absolutely no idea how I was going to afford to attend General, much more live in New York City. One thing I did know is that I did not want to leave seminary in enormous debt. I was certain that General Seminary was where I was supposed to complete my Master's in Divinity. The scholarship support I receive makes it easier for me to make good use of the opportunities General Seminary and New York City have to offer. It also alleviates the overwhelming stress that can come from worrying about finances, allowing me to place more emphasis on academics and practical work. I know firsthand how beneficial it is to receive funding; please help seminary students achieve their goals!”

Arlette Benoit, Class of '14, Diocese of Atlanta

Colin Chapman
Colin Chapman

“Without question every little bit helps when attending seminary and I am thankful for every penny of financial aid.  Personally, I have found this to be a wonderful experience, both in the classroom and out of it. GTS has always had a tradition of forming priests rooted in the rich history and tradition of our church, and now, along with future thinking programs such as Digital Formation, the quality of future clergy the seminary has the potential to attract is better than it ever has been. It's promising to know that with your help we can make sure we will never lose a potentially fantastic seminarian because they could not afford the program at GTS.”

Colin Chapman, Class of '12, Diocese of Connecticut

Kerlin Richter 5_7
Kerlin Richter 5_7

“The cost of seminary education can be daunting, especially if you are brave enough to do the math comparing projected incomes and loan repayment. If it were not for the generous assistance from GTS, I would not have been able to attend General.  Thank you so much to everyone who contributes to the scholarship fund. I hope we make you proud.”

Kerlin Richter, Class of '14, Diocese of Oregon

Mike Rau
Mike Rau

“I consider myself to be so lucky to receive scholarship money to attend GTS. When I visited GTS, I loved everything about it. Unfortunately I was faced with reality that my family and I simply couldn't afford it. Receiving scholarship aid has been the only way I could make this a reality--and I'm beyond grateful that it all worked out. Please help others make this a reality, too."

Mike Rau, Class of '13, Diocese of Pennsylvania

Julia Heard
Julia Heard

“When I was accepted to GTS for the MA program, I was elated and overjoyed to not only be going to my father's alma mater but to be embarking on my own journey through such a wonderful academic and religious institution. Without the financial support from General, attending school would be a much greater financial burden, and I am eternally grateful to have it. My husband and I are so happy to be part of the GTS community and to have the support of the institution behind us. I don't know of a single student at GTS that doesn't need some kind of financial help. This is the greatest gift one could be given: a chance to broaden their education, answer their Call, and pursue their dreams.”

Julia Heard, Class 0f '13, Diocese of New York

Alex Martin
Alex Martin

“I’m very grateful for the scholarship assistance that I receive from GTS.  Scholarships have made it financially possible for me to pursue my calling and General is helping my dreams become reality. Please consider supporting the future of the Church in this way.”

Alexander Martin, Class of '13, Diocese of Southern Ohio