The Communications Department is looking for work-study students for two roles: 1) Classroom Camera Operator
- Pick up video equipment and record classes
- Does not necessarily need to be enrolled in class
- No prior experience needed, comfortable using a consumer camcorder
- Training will be provided
Right now the need is for LT 1, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 3:30 p.m. - 4:50 p.m., but it would be good to get one or two students who could help us out on an as-available basis in case the need arises again.
2) Communications Assistant
- Work-study approximately 5 hours per week, including one meeting per week of no more than one hour
- More hours as needed if available and willing
- Work to be done off-site on your own computer, except one hour per week on-site and the need to pick up the sermons at least once a week.
- Update GTS, Media and News websites with provided information
- Encode and upload chapel sermons and class video recordings to media website
- The one hour of on-campus time may occasionally be used to organize or file (invoices and such)
- Videotape events according to your availability
- Possible light video editing
Knowledge and use of social media, CMS systems, WordPress, and basic video editing preferred, but we are willing to bring a tech-savvy person up-to-speed. Training in our CMS systems and other resources to complete your job will be provided. You would be expected to use your own computer.
In this position you will likely gain insight into our communications initiatives to bring GTS into the 21st century, and we are entirely open to creative suggestions.
Please contact: Chad Rancourt Director of Communications email@example.com