Spiritual Walking Resumes on Tuesday!

Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being.Soren Kierkegaard

I only went out for a walk and fnally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. John Muir

Let it all go and start walking. Total trust is what it's about. Margaret Guenther

The Spiritual Walking group of General Seminary's Wellness Program begins anew after the Thanksgiving break this Tuesday, November 27, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm. If you would like to join a walk, meet in the Chapel at 1:30pm for preparation. The group's practice is to take a spiritual walk in the Chelsea neighborhood. Contemplative approaches to walking include paying attention to the breath, noticing a color, repeating a mantra or scriptural text, dropping pebbles in prayer, and being mindful of the body. Other approaches are to practice lovingkindness, embody a scriptural scene (Ignatian spirituality), and walk in pilgrimage to a sacred place. Some walks are slow and meditative, others brisk, but never so strenuous as to require a shower afterwards. Guiding the walks are the Rev. K. Jeanne Person, Director of the Center for Christian Spirituality, and Michael Foley, a senior M.Div. student.