A note about the words of the grace that we sing in the Refectory: "The eyes of all wait upon thee, O Lord: and thou givest them their meat in due season. Thou openest thine hand: and fillest all things living with plenteousness. Bless, O Lord, these gifts to our use and us to thy service; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."
These words come from the Coverdale Psalter, a 16th century translation of the psalms that was ultimately included in the 1662 Prayer Book and hence, are still the official translation used in the Church of England.
We are not sure exactly from where this grace came to GTS. Prof. Mullin has done a bit of searching and it appears that under Dean Hoffman (Dean 1879-1902) we were still singing the grace in Latin, but we're not sure it was the same grace we sing today. We are fairly sure this grace has been sung here at least since the period after WWII and, perhaps much earlier.