Photography Student Seeks Subjects Who Lead Religious Life

Recently the seminary received this request: Hi, I take photographs, working on personal projects, and am contacting you today with what may seem like an odd request : ) Currently, I am enrolled in a documentary photography class at the International Center of Photography. Lately, I have considered documenting people who have chosen to lead religious lifestyles and wondered if any students in your Seminary would be interested in participating. Parameters of the project may include some audio interview, but mainly I would like to photograph [on black-and-white film] as subjects study, pray, and go about their daily routines within the walls of the Seminary. I do make silver-gelatin or archival pigment prints, and would be happy to share these with whomever my subject may be. I don't currently have a website, and cannot for the time being imagine any specific public outlet for the photographs. I am interested in the subject matter and consider this a personal project for now. Thank you for your time in reading this inquiry, and I look forward to any response you may have.

If you would like to take part, you may contact the photographer directly. Name: Iolet Francis, Email: iolet5@gmail.com, day phone: (917)257-3614.