If you have an appetite for adventure and want to make a difference in children’s lives, Camp Galilee, the Episcopal Camp of the Diocese of Nevada, located on the shore of Lake Tahoe could be the place for you! Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply now! The deadline for applications is March 15, 2015.
Galilee is an Episcopal camp that offers a meaningful and adventurous program for youth ages 7 to 17. As a resident staff person at Galilee, you will take the lead in building a welcoming community where campers and counselors alike can grow and flourish. The camp is located right on the shore of Lake Tahoe, one of the most breathtaking sites of natural beauty in the world.
As a resident staff person at Galilee, you will:
- Lead overnight backpacking trips, including cooking and camping as a group
- Take groups rock climbing on a challenging natural crag
- Explore Lake Tahoe on kayaking adventures
- Work with other young adults in a shared leadership model
- Mentor high school - aged counselors and help them develop as leaders
- Sing, dance and lead improvisational theater
- Reflect on and evaluate the program and your own experiences
- Live in an inclusive Christian community and share in the creation of vibrant worship
Resident Staff must be at least 18 years old and have graduated from high school. A year of college or work experience is preferred.
As a resident staff person at Galilee, you will be an essential part of the summer program. You will have opportunities to contribute to the goals and themes of each session in addition to facilitating the day-to-day experiences of the groups. You will also attend a staff training, be a part of our counselor training program, and act as a role model for campers and counselors throughout the summer.
Lifeguard certification is required. Galilee provides free lifeguard training May 31- June 4. If already a certified waterfront lifeguard, you may arrive on June 5 to begin staff training June 6. The summer camp season runs through August 6.
Compensation: $250 per week for 9 weeks plus full room and the best (mostly local and organic!) food around.
Click here to access the online application:
For more information visit www.galileetahoe.org.