The New York Diocesan Reparations committee is seeking an intern who can work with committee chair Richard Witt Director of Rural & Migrant Ministry on these tasks :
- Research of the historical involvement of the entities of the Diocese within slavery Assist in the development of a Liturgy of Lamentation (which will take place in Fall of 2017)
- his will include outreach, research and planning
- Develop materials for the Committee to disseminate to the congregations of the Diocese including a “tool kit” to help the congregation’s educational process.
- Assist in creating history tours & activities for parishes and youth groups, related to the examination of the complicity of the Episcopal Diocese in the institution and narrative of the enslavement of African people across the Atlantic
- Although the internship is housed within the Episcopal Diocese and therefore the intern will need to feel comfortable meeting within church spaces and with religious leaders, we encourage students of any faith or non-faith background to apply.