Christoph Keller, Jr. Library at General Seminary
The General Theological Seminary Library is the oldest Episcopal seminary library. In 1820, John Pintard, an early New York civic leader, found “the only set of the Fathers now for sale in America” and raised $330 from his friends to donate the set to the fledgling General Theological Seminary, “to form the proud commencement of a Library.”
The library offers students in all GTS programs extensive theological resources through its large collection of printed materials and its online catalog. Visiting scholars, clergy and lay people from may use the library's resources for reference and research. A cooperative arrangement with the Burke Library at Union Theological Seminary offers GTS students borrowing privileges at that institution.